Membership Eligibility in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces between:
6, 1917 -November 11,
World War I
*Because eligibility dates remain open, all members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop by the Post.
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
1. Complete American Legion Membership application. Print two (2) copies. Keep one copy for your records. Mail the other copy to below address, together with your dues payment. (Dues amount on application). Applications are also available at the Post.)
2. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE
3. Membership Dues Payment. Dues. (Amount Shown on Application). Make checks payable to our Post listed above. DO NOT SEND CASH.
4. If the information is correct, membership will be approved and then a membership card will be mailed to you.
5. Please see eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from your current Post to our Post must submit the following:
a. Completed Member Data Form (on the Data Page)
[save copies and use printed Member Data Form, mail to below address]
6. Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF DD 214 OR DISCHARGE.
American Legion Post 55
P.O. Box 1865
Oxford, MS 38655